Friday, February 29, 2008

Did Tina Fey get Bill Clintoned?

The Bill Clinton effect, especially on women, is well documented. Tina Fey, you are still my hero. It doesn't matter that you came out on Saturday Night Live for Hillary--I have no problem with people who support Hillary (or rather, their support for her alone would not give me a problem with them). Especially if they're going to point out so hilariously that Bitches Get Stuff Done.

Tina was a guest anchor on Weekend Update last weekend. Here's a partial transcript:

FEY: Maybe what bothers me the most is that people say that Hillary is a bitch. Let me say something about that:

Yeah, she is.

And so am I and so is this one.
(Pointing to Amy Poehler)

POEHLER: Yeah, deal with it.

FEY: Know what? Bitches get stuff done.

Like back in grammar school, they could have had priests teaching you but, no, they had those tough old nuns who slept on cots and who could hit ya and you HATED those bitches.

But at the end of the school year you KNEW the capital of Vermont!

And she ended with:

BITCH IS THE NEW BLACK!

It's okay for an Obama fan like me to admit on the world wide web that it was, in fact, great. And Hillary can use some cultural cache in her corner. (Please compare Hillary for You and Me to Yes We Can, juuuuuuuuust in case you don't know what I mean.)

But all of this is background to point out this tiny fact buried in a Time Magazine article:

After Saturday Night Live lampooned the media for their love affair with Obama, Bill telephoned guest host Tina Fey to thank her.

Tina, did you forget to feed your baby because he make you feel like you were literally the only one in the room? We're suckers for it, I know.

(On a non election note, but sort of a Tina Fey note, the insanest object of my celebrity worship is without a doubt Mariah Carey, who just released this utterly insane video which features 30 Rock cast member Jack McBrayer.)


No comments: